Preparation Time: 5 mins
Cooking Time: 15 mins
- 1 ¾ pounds large scampi, shelled
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup dry white wine or broth
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, or to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ⅓ cup chopped parsley
- Freshly squeezed juice of half a lemon
- Cooked pasta or crusty bread
- In a large skillet, melt butter with olive oil. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add wine or broth, salt, red pepper flakes and plenty of black pepper and bring to a simmer. Let wine reduce by half, about 2 minutes.
- Add shrimp and sauté until they just turn pink, 2 to 4 minutes depending upon their size. Stir in the parsley and lemon juice and serve over pasta or accompanied by crusty bread.
Posted by Aussie Meat and for this fabulous recipe, we thank Melissa Clark from NY Times for the recipe link is https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/9101-classic-shrimp-scampi