Preparation Time: 20 mins Cooking Time: 15 mins Serving: 2
3 cloves garlic, minced
juice from 1 large lemon
1/2 cup dry white wine
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus 1 tbsp. for the pan
sea salt and black pepper, to taste
260g steaks of Greenland halibut
Eggplant, asparagus and cherry tomatoes, to taste
1 tbsp. butter
- In a large, shallow dish, combine garlic, lemon juice, wine, and olive oil.
- Place thawed steaks of halibut fish into the dish with the marinade, turning to coat. Refrigerate for 20-30 minutes.
- Cut slices of eggplant, asparagus and cherry tomatoes. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Remove halibut from the marinade and season with salt and pepper. Place in the hot pan and cook until a golden crust forms on the bottom of the fish, about 3-5 minutes. Try not to move the fish around the pan a lot until the crust forms to decrease sticking.
- Flip fish and cook on the other side until cooked through.
- Add butter to the pan and let it melt, then spoon it over the top of the fish.
- Place halibut on the serving plate.
- Sauté slices of eggplant, asparagus and cherry tomatoes with high heat with the remaining oil.
- Place the vegetables at the side of the fish on the serving plate.
- Optional: Add a slice of lemon and some tartare sauce to finish.
Posted by Aussie Meat and for this fabulous recipe, we thank ifish for the recipe link is http://ifish.hk/easy-pan-seared-greenland-halibut-steak/