Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 60 mins
- 1 whole spring chicken
- 2 teaspoons of salt for cleaning chicken
- 2 tablespoons of sesame oil
- 5 inches ginger peeled & sliced
- 4 cloves of smashed garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon of white pepper
- 3 stalks of green onion cut into small sections
- Boil pot of water. At the same time, rub the chicken with salt to clean it. Nicely wash the chicken (inside & outside).
- Pre-boiling - put the chicken in when boiling, make sure the water goes inside the chicken, so that the blood will come out. Boil for about 5-6 minutes, take the chicken out and discard all the scum and water.
- Refill the pot with water that is about to cover the whole chicken. Add in garlic, ginger & green onion. Once it is boiled, turn to lowest heat.
- Cover with lid and cook for 20-25 minutes in lowest heat.
- Transfer the chicken from pot to a bowl of ice water to cool down. This cooling process will keep the chicken meat soft & tender.
- Dry with paper towels and rub over the chicken with sesame oil.
- Ready to serve
Aussie Meat is thrilled to announce the Referrals & Rewards Program for all our Aussie Meat Lovers. You and your friends and family can enjoy the benefits by simply Refer a friend and receive HKD50 OFF on your next purchase, and your friend will receive HKD100 OFF on their first purchase. The great news is that you can KEEP referring and earning the rewards.