Preparation Time: 15 mins Cooking Time: 40 mins Serving: 4
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely sliced
- 5g fresh basil leaves torn plus extra leaves to garnish
- 800g Diced Tomatoes
- Pinch of chilli, optional
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and sliced thinly
- 600g Hoki fillets, seasoned
- 50g breadcrumbs
- Zest of a lemon
- Salt and pepper
- 20g Parmesan, finely grated
- 200g Frozen Peas, steamed
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Combine topping ingredients, season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Heat half the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add garlic and combine. Once the garlic begins to colour lightly, add basil and tomatoes. Season the sauce with salt and pepper. As soon as it comes to the boil, remove the pan from heat.
- Place potatoes in the bottom of an ovenproof dish. Drizzle with oil and season. Top with a third of the tomato sauce then places the fish on top.
- Place remaining sauce on the top, sprinkle over the breadcrumb and lemon zest mix and drizzle with a little more oil.
- Place into the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the potato is cooked through. Serve garnished with basil and steamed peas.
Posted by Aussie Meat and for this fabulous recipe, we thank Countdown Supermarkets for the recipe link https://shop.countdown.co.nz/shop/recipe/1459