Preparation Time: 10 mins Cooking Time: 20 mins Serving: 2
- 60 g Butter
- 1 Lime juice only
- 2fillets Monkfish (150g each) skinned and boned
- 50ml Rapeseed Oil
- 2tbsp Fresh Coriander chopped
- 1 Scallions chopped
- 2 tbsp Sweet Chilli Sauce
- 30 ml Water
- 300g Basmati Rice steamed
- Heat the oil in a large pan set over high heat. Add the monkfish and reduce the heat to medium, then fry the monkfish for 4 minutes on each side. Keep warm.
- Put the butter, water and sweet chilli sauce in a separate small pan and bring to the boil. Add the lime juice and chopped spring onion and cook for 30 seconds, then add the chopped coriander and remove from the heat.
- Spoon the sauce over the monkfish and serve with steamed rice.
If you want to cook the monkfish on the barbecue, make sure the barbecue grill itself is good and hot so the fish seals and doesn’t stick to it. Season the fish well and rub both sides with olive oil. Place on the hot barbecue and cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Alternatively, you could wrap the fillets in a tin foil parcel with a little butter, seasoning and some fresh herbs, then pop it on the barbecue for 6 to 8 minutes.
Posted by Aussie Meat and for this fabulous recipe, we thank superValu for the recipe link https://supervalu.ie/real-food/cooking/recipe/monk-fish-with-sweet-chilli-spring-onion-coriander-and-lime-butter