AUSTRALIAN PREMIUM BLACK ANGUS OP-RIB PRIMAL CUT (BONE-IN RIBEYE, MS 2+, 7 RIBS)
Preparation Time: 30 mins / Cook Time: 140 mins Serving: 4/6
AUSTRALIAN PREMIUM BLACK ANGUS OP-RIB PRIMAL CUT (BONE-IN RIBEYE, MS 2+, 7 RIBS) One Standing Rib Roast with 3 to 4 ribs (If hosting a large dinner party, use with 7 ribs - estimate about 2 to 3 people per rib)
1 tablespoon kosher salt, or to taste
2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper, or to taste
1/4 cup olive oil
fresh rosemary leaves from 2 sprigs
1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
6 to 8 garlic cloves
FOR THE AU JUS
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup red wine
1 cup reduced beef broth
1. Take the roast out of the fridge 1 to 2 hours before cooking.
2. Preheat oven to 450˚F.
3. Pat dry roast with paper towels & generously season with salt & pepper.
4. Place roast in a roasting pan & set aside.
5. Add olive oil, rosemary leaves, thyme leaves, & garlic cloves to a food processor or blender; process until chopped up & well combined.
6. Rub the prepared garlic mixture all around the roast.
7. Place the roast in the roasting pan, bone-side down.
8. Cook, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
9. Reduce heat down to 350˚F &continue to cook until cooked to desired doneness. I suggest to remove from oven when internal temperature reads 115˚F. Estimate around 15 to 20 minutes of cooking-time per pound. Please use an Instant Read Thermometer & start checking for doneness around the 50-minute mark. The amount of cooking time will also depend on the size of the roast.
10. Transfer roast to a cutting board & let stand for 20 minutes before cutting.
11. In the meantime, prepare the Au Jus.
12. Take the pan juices & strain them through a mesh sieve into a large measuring cup. Discard the bits in the mesh sieve, & pour the strained liquid back into the roasting pan.
13. Place the roasting pan over stovetop burners & cook over medium heat.
Whisk in Worcestershire Sauce & wine; scrape up all the browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Bring to a boil & cook for 2 minutes.
14. Stir in beef broth & continue to cook for 5 minutes, or until slightly reduced & heated through.
15. Serve Prime Rib with Au Jus.