JAPANESE HOKKAIDO X-LARGE SCALLOPS (21/25 PER 1KG)
Preparation Time: 10 mins / Cook Time: 10 mins / Serving: 2
For The Pan-Seared Scallops:
1 x JAPANESE HOKKAIDO X-LARGE SCALLOPS (21/25 PER 1KG) | 45 HKD OFF
pinch salt and pepper
pinch all-purpose flour
3 tbsp butter unsalted
2 cloves garlic minced
1/2 lemon cut into wedges
1 tbsp fresh chives chopped
For The Lemon-Pepper Asparagus.
1 Ib asparagus ends trimmed
2 tbsp olive oil
1 lemon zested and juiced
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp fresh cracked pepper
For the Mixed Green Salad:
5 oz bag of spring mix or greens
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1/4 tsp brown sugar
pinch salt and pepper
4 tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup crumbled Feta
1/4 cup almonds sliced and toasted
1 avocado sliced
1. Rinse the scallops with cold water. Line a large plate with paper towels & place scallops on paper towels. Gently pat dry with paper towels until all liquid is absorbed. This will help ensure a proper sear. Set aside & let them come to room temperature before cooking.
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Toss the asparagus with olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt, & pepper on a baking sheet until evenly coated. Roast for 9-10 minutes, or until the tips begin to brown & the asparagus is tender. Remove from oven and set aside.
3. In a small bowl, combine 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, & a pinch of salt & pepper. Gradually whisk in 4 tbsp olive oil until the dressing is well combined.
4. Place mixed greens in a medium bowl & sprinkle Feta, almonds, & avocado. Drizzle salad with desired amount of dressing. Set aside.
5. Season scallops with salt and pepper. Dust scallops with a pinch of flour. This will help with the golden color. Add oil to non-stick skillet, then heat on medium to high heat. Once pan is sizzling hot, add scallops, flour side down. Leave enough space between them so they are not touching. Cook 2-3 minutes on each side. They will cook very quickly. Be careful not to overcook them!
6. Remove pan from the heat, transfer the scallops to a plate, and set aside. 7. Return pan back to the heat. Add butter, followed by garlic. Sauté for one minute. Remove pan from the heat once again. Return scallops back to the pan. Squeeze lemon wedges over scallops and garnish with chopped chives.
Serve with in the pan with side salad.