Preparation Time: 10 mins Cooking Time: 2 hrs Serving: 8
- 5-pound boneless beef rib eye roast
- 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon coarse Kosher salt
- 4 cloves garlic (pressed)
- Gather ingredients.
- Put a seasoned cast iron skillet in the oven. Preheat the oven to 500 F.
- Combine the black pepper, salt, and garlic; rub all over the roast.
- Carefully, with potholders or oven mitts, remove the skillet to a metal rack. Put the roast in the skillet.
- Return the skillet to the oven and roast at 500 F for 25 minutes. Reduce the heat to 325 F and continue roasting for about 1 1/2 hours, or until the roast reaches 130 F to 140 F for rare to medium-rare on a thermometer or oven probe inserted into the centre of the meat.
- Remove from the oven, tent loosely with foil, and let the roast rest for 20 minutes.
- Carve and serve.
Aussie Meat is thrilled to announce the Referrals & Rewards Program for all our Aussie Meat Lovers. You and your friends and family can enjoy the benefits by simply Refer a friend and receive HKD50 OFF on your next purchase, and your friend will receive HKD100 OFF on their first purchase. The great news is that you can KEEP referring and earning the rewards.