NZ PREMIUM GRASSFED 2 LAMB RACKS CAP OFF FRENCHED (2 X RACKS, 16 CUTLETS, FROM 1.04KG)
Preparation Time: 10 mins / Cook Time: 65 mins / Serving: 4
1 x NZ PREMIUM GRASSFED 2 LAMB RACKS CAP OFF FRENCHED (2 X RACKS, 16 CUTLETS, FROM 1.04KG)
10 Anya potatoes
1 handful of cherry tomatoes
1 handful of Kalamata olives
a few sprigs of rosemary
6 cloves of garlic
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/gas 5.
2. Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water for 10 to 15 minutes, or until tender, then drain. Meanwhile, squeeze the seeds from the tomatoes, & destone the olives.
3. Heat a glug of oil in a large frying pan over a high heat, add the lamb rack & sear until golden, then remove to a plate.
4. Crush the drained potatoes& tip into the frying pan, then fry for a couple of minutes over a medium-low heat.
5. Stir in the tomatoes & olives, then season with sea salt & black pepper. Put in the rosemary, scatter over the unpeeled garlic cloves, & drizzle with a little oil. Transfer to a roasting tray.
6. Place the lamb on top of the potatoes. Depending on the size of the racks, the lamb will take somewhere between 20 and 30 minutes to cook, but will still be pink in the middle – use your instincts (add 5 to 10 minutes if you like your meat well done).
7. When the lamb is cooked to your liking, slice it into chops & serve with the crispy potatoes.