Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 50 mins
- 6 sea bass fillets
- 1 tbsp of Chinese five-spice powder
- 6 spring onions, trimmed and finely sliced
- 1 carrot, cut into thin strips
- Sesame oil
- 500ml of fish stock
- 1 knob of fresh ginger, peeled and finely sliced
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- For the sauce, bring the fish stock to the boil with the ginger, garlic, chilli and half of the spring onions. Once boiling, add the soy sauce.
- Remove the skin from the sea bass fillets and place on a suitable tray for a steamer. Season with salt and five-spice then add strips of spring onion and carrot to the tray.
- Drizzle the fish in a few drops of sesame oil. Place into a steamer until cooked through, approximately 5-7 minutes.
- To serve, divide the fish into shallow bowls and ladle the hot sauce over the top.
Posted by Aussie Meat and for this fabulous recipe, we thank Great British Chefs for the recipe link https://www.greatbritishchefs.com/recipes/sea-bass-chinese-spice-recipe