EUROPEAN ORGANIC GARDEN PEAS (400G) |
Preparation Time: 5 mins / Cook: 15 mins / Serving: 4
1 x EUROPEAN ORGANIC GARDEN PEAS (400G) |
1/2 onion, chopped fine
3 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup chicken stock (use vegetable stock or just plain water for vegetarian version)
Pinch sugar, optional
1. Cook the onions:
2. Heat 2 tablespoons of butter in a sauté pan over medium-high heat. When the butter foam recedes, add the chopped onions. Sauté the onions for a few minutes until they just begin to brown.
3. Add peas & stock:
4. Add the peas & the stock & bring to a rolling boil. Taste for salt & add if needed (you might not need to add salt if your stock is already pretty salty.)
If you want, add a pinch of sugar to highlight the sweetness of the already sweet peas.
5. Reduce, add remaining butter & black pepper:
6. Stir the peas & onions often – you want the stock to reduce by about half without overcooking the peas.
7. When the stock has reduced, turn off the heat & add the remaining butter & some black pepper. Serve at once.
8. If you want, sprinkle on some sliced fresh mint.
Serve with all your favourite meat and seafoods.