US PORK SPARE RIBS AND HORMONE FREE (400G)
Preparation Time: 15 mins / Cook: 50 mins / Serving: 6
3 X US PORK SPARE RIBS AND HORMONE FREE (400G)
125ml (1/2 cup) honey
80ml (1/3 cup) tomato sauce
60ml (1/4 cup) soy sauce
2 tbsp hoisin sauce
3 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tsp finely grated fresh ginger
1 tbsp olive oil
1-1 1/2 tsp chilli powder
Vegetable oil, to grease
1. Combine the honey, tomato sauce, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, garlic, ginger, oil & chilli powder in a small bowl.
2. Place ribs in a large shallow glass or ceramic dish & pour over the honey mixture. Turn the ribs to evenly coat. Cover & place in fridge, turning occasionally, for 6 hours or overnight to develop the flavours.
3. Preheat oven to 210°C. Line a baking dish with foil & pour enough water over the base to cover (this helps prevent excess marinade from smoking). Brush a wire rack with oil to lightly grease & place in the baking dish over the water. 4. Remove the ribs from the marinade & arrange, in a single layer, on the wire rack.
5. Place the reserved marinade in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low & simmer for 1-2 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly.
6. Meanwhile, bake the ribs in preheated oven, turning & basting occasionally with the marinade, for 40-50 minutes or until ribs are golden brown & sticky. Remove the ribs from oven.
Serve the ribs with your favourite sides and enjoy!