EUROPEAN BLUEBERRIES & STRAWBERRIES (400G)
Preparation Time: 75 mins / Cook Time: 90 mins / Serving: 6
1 x EUROPEAN BLUEBERRIES & STRAWBERRIES (400G)
2 tablespoons granulated white sugar
2 tablespoons all purpose four
1 tablespoon butter, cut into small pieces
2 tablespoons fruit jam
SWEET TART DOUGH
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
10 tablespoons unsalted butter, sliced
2 large eggs
MAKE TART DOUGH
1. Add the sliced butter & sugar into the food processor & pulse until they are creamed, light &fluffy. Add one egg &the yolk of the second egg, then pulse again until incorporated; reserve the egg white from the second egg until the end in case the dough is too dry.
2. Sift the flour & salt together, then add to the food processor. Pulse until the mixture comes together into a ball. If the mixture will not form into a ball & looks dry after about 30 seconds, add the reserved egg white.
3. Turn out the dough onto plastic wrap & flatten into a disk. Chill in the refrigerator for 20 minutes & up to 2 days.
1. Remove tart dough from refrigerator. If it has been refrigerated for more than 20 minutes, you may need to leave it out to warm up slightly until workable.
2. Set a 9-inch or 10-inch tart pan to the side of your work bench. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough so that it is slightly larger than the pan, starting from the middle & working out. The dough should be uniform in thickness (about 1/4-inch thick).
3. Roll the dough onto the rolling pin & carefully transfer into the tart pan. Without stretching the dough, lightly press the dough into the bottom & up the sides of the pan. Chill in the refrigerator until filling is ready.
1. Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, toss the blueberries & strawberries with sugar, zest & juice of one lime, &the 2 tablespoons of flour. Spoon into the tart shell then dot pieces of butter over the top.
3. Bake until the tart shell is light golden brown around the edges, 1 hour to 1 hour & 20 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack & cool until the fruit has set, about 1 hour.
4. Heat the jam in the microwave or small saucepan then use a pastry brush to brush the warmed jam over the top of the tart. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream.