Preparation Time: 10 mins / Cook Time: 20 mins / Serving: 2
1 x AUSTRALIAN NATURAL CHICKEN BREASTS (SKINLESS & BONELESS, 400G)
4 ounces baby spinach
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
salt and freshly cracked pepper
1 tablespoon butter
1 shallot, minced
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tablespoon flour
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup half and half
1/4 cup grated Parmesan asiago cheese blend
1/4 teaspoon lemon zest and 1 teaspoon lemon juice
1. Either Place chicken breasts in between 2 pieces of parchment paper & pound thin or keep the chicken breast as it is. Season with salt & pepper & set aside.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a medium pan, set over medium heat. Add in spinach & 1/8 teaspoon salt & cook until wilted. Place onto a paper towel lined plate to drain & wipe pan clean.
3. Heat remaining oil into same pan & add chicken breasts. Cook until internal temperature reaches 165. Remove chicken breasts & place onto plate & cover with foil.
4. Add butter to pan &melt. Add shallot& garlic to the pan & cook until fragrant. Add flour & stir to combine. Slowly, whisk in broth & half & half & cook over medium heat until thick & bubbly. Turn down to a simmer & cook for 2-3 minutes. Turn off the heat, add in cheese, lemon zest & juice & salt & pepper to taste. Stir in spinach.
5. Place chicken breasts onto serving plates & top with sauce.
Serve as is or with a side salad or jacket potatoes