This dish is not an authentic Chinese option and is more of a Mongolian dish but is quite commonly found in the menus of many of the restaurants in Hong Kong. The beef is cooked with baby corn or bamboo shoots in a spicy sauce made up of fresh orange peel.
- 1 lb sirloin or flank steak
- 1 egg white
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 4 green onions (sliced on the diagonal into 1-inch pieces)
- 1 8-ounce can baby corn
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 2 teaspoon rice vinegar (or 1 tablespoon Chinese rice wine or dry sherry)
- 1/4 tsp chile paste, or to taste
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 cup oil for frying beef
Please click the above 'Get 50 recipes' button and get the instructions for this recipe and get all 50 recipes free in one pdf.
Aussie Meat is thrilled to announce the Referrals & Rewards Program for all our Aussie Meat Lovers. You and your friends and family can enjoy the benefits by simply Refer a friend and receive HKD50 OFF on your next purchase, and your friend will receive HKD100 OFF on their first purchase. The great news is that you can KEEP referring and earning the rewards.