Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
- 1 (9-inch) pastry shell (partially baked*)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons shallots (minced)
- 1 cup crabmeat
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 1/2 cups Swiss cheese (shredded/divided)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup half and half
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash white pepper or hot pepper sauce
- Dash nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley (minced)
- Gather the ingredients.
- Preheat the oven to 425 F and position the rack in the center of the oven.
- Line the pie plate with the chilled and rolled out dough and line with parchment paper or foil. Fill with pie weights or dried beans at least two-thirds full.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until just barely showing some color. Carefully remove the paper or foil and weights and return the crust to the oven for about 5 minutes, or until it is just lightly browned. Remove it from the oven and let it cool while you prepare the filling. Reduce the oven temperature to 350 F.
- In a skillet over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Saute the minced shallots until tender, about 2 minutes. Combine the shallots with the crabmeat and flour; set aside.
- Sprinkle 3/4 cup of the cheese in the prepared pie shell, then top with the shallot and crab mixture. Sprinkle with remaining 3/4 cup of cheese.
- In a bowl beat the eggs, cream, salt, pepper, nutmeg, and parsley until well blended. Pour into the pie shell.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Posted by Aussie Meat and we thank Diana Rattray for this delicious recipe and the recipe link is https://www.thespruceeats.com/crab-quiche-3060063