PREMIUM AUSTRALIAN ATLANTIC SALMON SKIN-ON FILLETS (2 X 140G) | NEW
Preparation Time: 10 mins / Cook Time: 10 mins / Serving: 4
2 x PREMIUM AUSTRALIAN ATLANTIC SALMON SKIN-ON FILLETS (2 X 140G) | NEW
Salt and pepper, to season
1/2 teaspoon paprika (mild, sweet or smokey)
2 tablespoons butter
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped or minced
4 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon water
2 teaspoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice, (plus extra to serve)
Lemon wedges to serve
1. Arrange oven shelf to the middle of your oven. Preheat oven to broil/grill settings on medium heat.
2. Season salmon with salt, pepper & paprika. Set aside.
3. Heat the butter in a skillet or pan over medium-high heat until melted. Add the garlic & sauté for about a minute, until fragrant. Pour in the honey, water & soy sauce; allow the flavours to heat through & combine. Add in the lemon juice; stir well to combine all of the flavours together.
4. Add the salmon steaks to the sauce in the pan; cook each fillet (skin-side down if there's any skin) for 3-4 minutes or until golden, while basting the tops with the pan juices. Season with salt & pepper, to taste (if desired).
Optional -- Add the lemon wedges around the salmon (adds a stronger lemon taste).
5. Baste salmon one more time then transfer the pan to your oven to broil / grill for a further 5-6 minutes, or until the tops of the salmon are nicely charred, & the salmon is cooked to your liking.
6. To serve, drizzle with the sauce & a squeeze of lemon juice. Serve with steamed vegetables; over rice or with a salad.