HOW TO PREPARE OVEN BAKED BABY BACK RIBS?
HORMONE FREE SPANISH DUROC PORK BABY BACK RIBS (2 PIECES, FROM 1.24KG)
Preparation Time: 15 mins / Cook Time: 180 mins / Serving: 4/6
1 x Pack of HORMONE FREE SPANISH DUROC PORK BABY BACK RIBS (2 PIECES, FROM 1.24KG)
Salt and black pepper
SWEET AND SPICY BARBECUE SAUCE
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 cup finely diced onion
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 cup ketchup, try our homemade ketchup recipe
1 tablespoon hot chili sauce
2 tablespoons light brown sugar
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
Salt and ground pepper, to taste
1. Heat oven to 275° Fahrenheit (135C).
2. If the ribs still have the thin membrane covering the back of the rack, remove it. Season both sides of the ribs with a generous amount of salt & pepper. If you are using a spice rub, add season to the ribs now.
3. Place the ribs, meat-side up, into a large roasting pan or rimmed baking sheet. (It may be necessary to cut the ribs in half for them to fit into the pan).Cover the pan or baking sheet tightly with aluminum foil, & then bake until the meat falls easily from the bones, 2 ½ to 3 ½ hours.
4. Check the ribs after 2 hours to see how they are progressing. The ribs are done when the meat is cooked through and tender.
MAKE BARBECUE SAUCE
1.While the ribs bake, make the barbecue sauce. Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
2. Add the onions & cook until soft & translucent, 5 to 8 minutes. Stir in the cumin & cook for an additional 30 seconds.
3. Add the ketchup, hot chili sauce, brown sugar, & apple cider vinegar. Stir to combine, season with salt then cook for 2 minutes. Set aside in preparation for the ribs to finish roasting.
1. Remove the ribs from the oven, discard the aluminum foil & generously brush both sides with barbecue sauce.
2. Optional: Move to an oven rack near the top of the oven. Turn oven to high for the ribs for 3-4 minutes, just until the barbecue sauce begins to caramelize. (Keep a close eye on the ribs while they cook so the sauce does not burn.)