NZ PREMIUM LAMB RACK CUTLETS (2 CUTLETS PER PACK)
Preparation Time: 10 mins / Cook Time: 65 mins / Serving: 4
4 x NZ PREMIUM LAMB RACK CUTLETS (2 CUTLETS PER PACK)
4 tablespoons olive oil , plus extra for the lamb
1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
1 dried chilli , finely sliced
1 small handful fresh thyme leaves
1 kg waxy red potatoes
2 tablespoons coriander seeds
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 small glass red wine
1 large cabbage , shredded
1 lemon juice
Extra virgin olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/gas 6. Drizzle the cutlets with olive oil & sprinkle over a pinch of salt, the black pepper, chilli & the thyme leaves. Give the cutlets a good rub to massage in the flavours, then put to the side to rest.
2. Cut the potatoes into large, even-sized chunks & place in a pan of cold, salted water. Bring to the boil & cook for 8 to 10 minutes. Drain & leave to steam dry. 3. Meanwhile, crush the coriander seeds lightly in a pestle & mortar.
4. Tip the potatoes into a large roasting tray & crush them slightly with a spoon. 5. Sprinkle over the crushed coriander seeds & the cinnamon. Drizzle over the olive oil & pour in the red wine. Toss to coat the potatoes, then roast for 45 minutes, turning them half way through.
6. Cook the cabbage for 10 minutes in a large pan of boiling, salted water. Get a griddle pan nice and hot add the the cutlets & cook to your liking for 5 to 8 minutes, turning them halfway through.
7. Drain the cabbage & tip back into the pan to steam off. Squeeze over the lemon juice, drizzle over a little extra virgin olive oil & season to your taste. 8. Serve the cutlets with the coriander potatoes & the lemony cabbage.