Preparation Time: 45 mins Cooking Time: 90 mins Serving: 4
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, zested, juiced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley
- 2 thick slices triple-smoked ham, chopped
- 100 g vintage cheddar, chopped
- 250 ml (1 cup) chicken stock
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 small capsicum, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 small red chilli, finely chopped
- 6 tomatoes, peeled, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp brown sugar
- 25 g butter
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 long red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh white breadcrumbs
- 500 ml (2 cups) chicken stock
- 1 cup polenta
- 50 g butter
- 2 cups shredded parmesan
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 100 g mixed salad leaves
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced
- To make tomato sauce, heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, capsicum, garlic and chilli and cook, stirring, for 30 minutes or until softened. Stir in tomatoes. Add salt and sugar, then season with pepper. Bring to the boil. Simmer for 40 minutes or until thickened and reduced.
- Meanwhile, to make chilli breadcrumbs, heat butter and oil in a frying pan. Add chilli and cook, stirring, until softened. Add breadcrumbs and cook until crisp and golden. Season with salt and pepper.
- To make polenta chips, bring the stock to the boil in a saucepan. Gradually stir in polenta. Cook, stirring, until softened and thickened. Stir in butter and half the parmesan. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour mixture into a greased baking dish and smooth until a depth of 2cm. Cool, then refrigerate until firm.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Cut a deep slit in side of each chicken breast to form a pocket.
- Combine oil, lemon zest and juice, garlic and parsley in a shallow baking dish. Season with salt and pepper. Add chicken to dish and rub mixture all over and inside chicken. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Stuff chicken pocket with ham and cheese, then pour over stock.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until cooked through. Remove chicken from stock and set aside for 10 minutes, then thickly slice.
- Pour baking juices into a small saucepan and simmer until reduced. Stir into tomato sauce.
- Increase oven to 200C.
- Invert polenta onto a baking tray and cut into fingers. Sprinkle with remaining parmesan and bake for 10 minutes or until crisp and golden.
- To make salad, whisk oil and vinegar in a bowl until combined. Season with salt and pepper. Add leaves and radish, then toss to combine.
- Divide sliced chicken among serving plates and top with chilli crumbs. Add polenta chips and salad to plates, then spoon over sauce to serve.
Aussie Meat is thrilled to announce the Referrals & Rewards Program for all our Aussie Meat Lovers. You and your friends and family can enjoy the benefits by simply Refer a friend and receive HKD50 OFF on your next purchase, and your friend will receive HKD100 OFF on their first purchase. The great news is that you can KEEP referring and earning the rewards.