Preparation Time: 10 mins Cooking Time: 15 mins Serving: 2
- 2 rib-eye steaks around 14 ounces total, or 1 cut in half
- 2 lobster tails, around 4 ounces each
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Rinse lobster tails, pat dry and place on a baking sheet. Pat steak dry and season with a teaspoon of teaspoon salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine butter, lemon juice, garlic powder and parsley. Set aside.
- Using shears, cut the lobster shells down the centre to the base, stopping before cutting through the base. Using a spoon, separate the lobster from the shell.
- Open up the shell a little bit, grab the meat and pull it up and over the shell, squeezing the shell back together and letting the meat rest on top of the seam. Make a shallow cut along the centre of the meat and layer it over the sides of the shell.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of the compound butter. Brush the lobster meat with the butter.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a medium, oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Add steaks to the skillet and sear for 2 minutes on each side. Place the steaks in the oven and cook for 4-5 minutes for rare to medium-rare. Remove from heat and let rest for 5 minutes.
- As soon as you start searing the steaks, put the lobsters in the oven on a middle rack. Bake for 10-15 minutes, until lobster is firm and opaque but not rubbery.
- Top both the steak and lobster with slabs of the compound butter. Serve immediately.
Aussie Meat is thrilled to announce the Referrals & Rewards Program for all our Aussie Meat Lovers. You and your friends and family can enjoy the benefits by simply Refer a friend and receive HKD50 OFF on your next purchase, and your friend will receive HKD100 OFF on their first purchase. The great news is that you can KEEP referring and earning the rewards.