Preparation Time: 25 mins Cooking Time: 3 hrs Serving: 10
- 5 1/2 lb black angus beef roast
- 1 large red onion, cut into eights
- 2 large yellow onions, cut into eights
- 5 stalk(s) celery, chopped as desired
- 8 oz canned sliced mushrooms, undrained
- 1 1/2 lb baby carrots
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 16 oz beef or chicken broth
- 2 large bell peppers, (i used red )
- 2 pkg onion soup mix
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 Tbsp each steak seasoning & granulated garlic
- 2 tsp each paprika, cumin & onion powder
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees oven or cast-iron skillet with lid with cooking spray, & set aside till needed. These are some of the main ingredients used for this recipe.
- Wash and prep veggies, add some to bottom of the dish, and reserve a few to place along the outside of the roast.
- Season roast on all sides with spices of choice. Add about half of the flour to the veggies on the bottom of the dish. Now place beef roast on top.
- Arrange veggies around the outer perimeter of the roast.
- Sprinkle roast with onion soup mix & remaining flour
- Add in 2 cups of the broth, more liquid will be created while the roast cooks.
- Place in a 300 degree preheated oven and cook for about 3 hours or as desired, mine was a bit pink towards the middle and we prefer it that way. Remove from oven allow to rest about 10 minutes, then Remove roast from the dish, and use an electric knife to slice for easier carving. Add vegetables around roast then serve and enjoy with other sides of choice and your favorite bread.
Posted by Aussie Meat and for this fabulous recipe, we thank Just a Pinch for the recipe link https://www.justapinch.com/recipes/main-course/main-course-beef/black-angus-beef-roast.html