Preparation Time: 20 mins Cooking Time: 1 hr 10 mins Serving: 6
- 1 tablespoon fennel seed
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried rosemary leaves, crushed
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Whole Chicken
- 3 slices bacon, cut crosswise into ½-inch pieces or bites
- 1 large onion, halved, sliced
- 2 fennel bulbs, trimmed, sliced (reserve some of the feathery fronds)
- 1/2 cup amber beer or low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- Heat oven to 425°F. Mix fennel seed, salt, oregano, rosemary, garlic, and oil together with a fork in a small bowl. Tie chicken legs with kitchen twine and tuck wings underbody. Rub herb mixture all over the chicken.
- In a large heavy roasting pan, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon, leaving fat in the pan. Set bacon pieces aside.
- Add onion and fennel to bacon fat in pan; cook and stir over medium-high heat for 5 minutes. Pour in beer and broth. Arrange chicken on top of vegetables and place the pan in the oven.
- Roast chicken about 1 hour or until juices run clear and internal temperature in thigh reaches 165°F on an instant-read thermometer. Serve chicken with vegetables and pan juices, sprinkled with crisp bacon pieces and fennel fronds.
Posted by Aussie Meat and for this fabulous recipe, we thank Gold n Plump for the recipe link is https://www.goldnplump.com/recipes/country-italian-roast-chicken
Aussie Meat is thrilled to announce the Referrals & Rewards Program for all our Aussie Meat Lovers. You and your friends and family can enjoy the benefits by simply Refer a friend and receive HKD50 OFF on your next purchase, and your friend will receive HKD100 OFF on their first purchase. The great news is that you can KEEP referring and earning the rewards.