Preparation Time: 15 mins Cooking Time: 1 hr 20 mins Serving: 4
- ¼ cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1kg boneless lamb neck (or shoulder), cut into 3cm pieces or slices
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 rosemary sprigs, leaves chopped
- 1L chicken stock
- ¼ cup (60ml) sherry (or red wine) vinegar
- 2 tbs plain flour
- 2 potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 25g unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ red cabbage, thinly sliced
- ½ bunch mint leaves picked
- Micro herbs to serve (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Heat 1 tbs oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add half the lamb, season and cook for 4-5 minutes until browned, then remove from the pan. Repeat with 1 tbs oil and remaining lamb. Remove from the pan.
- Add the carrot and onion and cook for 3-4 minutes, then add the garlic and rosemary and cook for a further minute until fragrant. Add the stock and 1 tbs vinegar, then return the lamb to the pan. Bring to a simmer, then reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 30 minutes.
- Add flour and stir to combine. Cook for a further 2-3 minutes until thickened, then remove from the heat.
- Divide the lamb mixture between four ovenproof dishes. Top with potato, then brush with butter. Season. Cook in the oven for 30-40 minutes until the potato is golden.
- To make the salad, combine the red cabbage, mint, remaining 1 tbs oil and 2 tbs vinegar.
- Top lamb hotpots with micro herbs and serve with salad.
Aussie Meat is thrilled to announce the Referrals & Rewards Program for all our Aussie Meat Lovers. You and your friends and family can enjoy the benefits by simply Refer a friend and receive HKD50 OFF on your next purchase, and your friend will receive HKD100 OFF on their first purchase. The great news is that you can KEEP referring and earning the rewards.