OCEAN CATCH PREMIUM AUSTRALIAN X-LARGE TIGER PRAWNS (6-8 PRAWNS PER 500G, 14CM LONG)
Preparation Time: 10 mins / Cook Time: 40 mins / Serving: 4
400g x OCEAN CATCH NZ ORANGE ROUGHY FILLET BONELESS AND SKIN-OFF (FROM 328G)
250g x OCEAN CATCH PREMIUM AUSTRALIAN X-LARGE TIGER PRAWNS (6-8 PRAWNS PER 500G, 14CM LONG)
2 tablespoon olive oil
1 medium onion, finely chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
½ fennel bulb, finely chopped
3 medium potatoes, cut in ½ inch cubes
2 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon sweet paprika
¼ teaspoon chilli flakes
Juice of one lemon
1 x 400 g (14 oz) tin chopped tomatoes
250 ml (8.5 fl oz) fish stock
125 g (4.5 oz) chickpeas from a tin, drained and rinsed
Salt and pepper to taste
Fresh parsley, to garnish
1. Prepare the tiger prawns in advance To boil. Bring a large pan of salted water to a steady boil, drop in the prawns, and simmer until they change colour (about 4-5 minutes) . Drain from the water and cool, remove head and shell and their intestinal tracts and cut into small pieces.
2. In a large pan that has a lid, heat the olive oil & fry the onion for 1-2 minutes until it softens. Add the garlic & fennel & continue to cook for another minute.
3. Tip in the potatoes, cover the pan, & cook for 5 minutes. Next, add the smoked paprika, sweet paprika, & chilli flakes & stir to cover the potatoes in the spices.
4. Add the lemon juice, chopped tomatoes, & fish stock. Cover the pan again & simmer for 15 minutes until the potatoes are fork tender.
5. Stir in the chickpeas & chopped prawns, then place the fish chunks on the top of the stew. Lower the heat, cover the pan, & cook for 8-10 minutes until the fish is cooked through.
Garnish with some fresh parsley and serve with crusty bread and some drizzled olive oil if you like.