Buy Product(s): Fresh Australian Premium Huon Salmon Whole Fillet Skin On
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 45 mins
- 2 tablespoons smoked chipotle powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon crushed smoked red chilli
- 1 teaspoon freshly crushed black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil plus more for the baking dish
- 4 large garlic cloves minced
- 1 small thai chilli finely sliced
- 3 shallots minced
- 2 tablespoons of minced fresh ginger
- zest of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons of tamarind puree
- 2 tablespoons of molasses
- 3 lb whole salmon fillet*
- 1 lime sliced into thin slices
- 1 lime sliced into wedges
- Extra sliced chillies
- Cilantro leaves
- Sea salt
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- In a small saucepan add all the ingredients except the fish and the garnishes.
- Cook over low-medium heat for 10 minutes until fragrant and resembles a glaze.
- Place the salmon on an oiled foil pan or foiled sheet pan.
- Pour the glaze over the fish making sure to spread the glaze evenly and covering all the nooks and crannies. Make sure to cover both sides of the fish.*
- Place into the oven COVERED for 25 minutes.
- After 25 minutes, uncover the fish and allow to finish cooking and brown up. Do NOT THROW away the foil.
- Let stand for 5 minutes, tented with foil.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and lime zest if desired. Serve.
Posted by Aussie Meat and for this fabulous recipe, we thank Girl and the Kitchen for the recipe link https://girlandthekitchen.com/whole-roasted-salmon-foil-sweet-chili-garlic-glaze/