HOW TO PREPARE BAKED CAJUN CHICKEN BREASTS?
AUSTRALIAN NATURAL CHICKEN BREASTS (SKINLESS & BONELESS, 400G)
Preparation Time: 20 mins / Cook Time: 25 mins / Serving: 4
4 x AUSTRALIAN NATURAL CHICKEN BREASTS (SKINLESS & BONELESS, 400G)
1-2 tablespoons Cajun Seasoning
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon oil I use olive or canola
1 teaspoon salt or to taste
Optional garlic butter sauce
2 tablespoons butter
2 cloves garlic
1. Preheat oven to 450°F
2. Using a meat mallet or rolling pin, hit each chicken breast to about 1 ½ cm at the thickest part. Make they are all the same thickness to ensure even cooking.
2. Combine Cajun Seasoning, brown sugar, & salt if using.
3. Line a baking pan with parchment paper or aluminium foil. Alternatively, bake directly in a baking dish.
4. Transfer chicken to the pan & toss with seasoning mix. Drizzle with the oil & rub seasoning all over to coat evenly.
5. Bake chicken in preheated oven for about 18 minutes, or until internal temperature is 165°F (75°C) using an instant meat thermometer.
6. Broil on high during the last 2-3 minutes of cooking until golden & the edges begin to caramelize.
7. Remove pan from oven. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
For the optional garlic butter:
Melt the butter in a small pan. Add the garlic & sauté for about 30 seconds, but don’t let it brown. Combine the garlic butter with any pan juices & drizzle over chicken.