How to prepare Baked Cod in Roasted Red Pepper Sauce?
Buy Product(s): Ocean Catch US Black Cod Steak Skin-On
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 40 mins
- 4 cod fillets 4-5 ounces each
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
- 3 red peppers halved and seeded
- 1/4 cup olive oil divided
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup parsley or fresh basil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- Add peppers to a baking tray, skin side up, and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Bake in the Sharp Superheated Steam Countertop Oven on Broil/Grill on 485º F for 20 minutes. If baking in a conventional oven, preheat the oven on broil and place a rack in the middle of the oven. Bake peppers for 26-28 minutes, until the tops are charred.
- Once peppers have cooled, pull the charred skin off the peppers.
- Add the peppers and the rest of the sauce ingredients to a blender. Process until a creamy smooth sauce is formed.
- Pour sauce in a baking dish.
- Drizzle cod fillets with olive oil, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Add cod fillets to the baking dish filled with red pepper sauce.
- Bake in the Sharp Superheated Steam Countertop Oven on Broil/Grill on 485º F for 18 minutes.
- If baking in a conventional oven, preheat oven to broil and bake on the middle rack for 25 minutes.