How to prepare Beef Tagliata?
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 40 mins
- 25g butter
- 25g pine nuts
- 2 courgettes, very finely sliced with a vegetable peeler or mandoline
- 1 aubergine, very finely sliced with a vegetable peeler or mandoline
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 2 tbsp. fresh oregano, torn, or use 1 tbsp. dried
- 4 aged sirloin steaks, about 130g each, at room temperature
- 20 semi-dried tomatoes
- 10g fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1 tbsp. aged balsamic vinegar
- 40g Parmesan, shaved
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Melt the butter in a frying pan, add the pine nuts with a pinch of salt and cook over a low-medium heat for about three minutes, stirring regularly, until they are nicely browned and toasted. Remove from the heat and leave to cool.
- Meanwhile, preheat a griddle pan over a high heat. Add the courgette and aubergine slices to the hot pan in batches (without oil) and cook until they are soft, have griddle marks on them and are slightly charred but not burnt, turning once. Remove the cooked slices to a plate or bowl, drizzle with the olive oil, then sprinkle with the oregano. Set aside and keep warm while you cook the steaks.
- Rub the steaks with a little olive oil and season both sides with salt. Griddle the steaks in the hot pan for four to five minutes on each side, or for longer if you prefer your steak well done. Remove from the griddle pan to a plate and leave to rest for five minutes.
- Toss the griddled vegetables with the pine nuts, tomatoes and basil and divide among serving plates. Slice the steaks and place on top of the vegetables. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and oil, season with pepper. Scatter with Parmesan before serving.
Posted by Aussie Meat and for this fabulous recipe, we thank Gordon Ramsay for the recipe link is https://wellfest.ie/gordon-ramsays-beef-tagliata-recipe/