HOW TO PREPARE BEEF TENDERLOIN STEAKS WITH LOBSTER TAILS!
OCEAN CATCH US LOBSTER TAILS (2 LOBSTER TAILS, 300G)
Preparation Time: 20 mins / Cook Time: 20 mins / Serving: 2
2 x NZ PREMIUM GRASS-FED BEEF TENDERLOIN STEAK (EYE FILLET, 227G(8OZ))
1 x OCEAN CATCH US LOBSTER TAILS (2 LOBSTER TAILS, 300G)
4 tablespoons unsalted butter room temperature
2 teaspoons minced shallot
1 garlic clove minced
2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons olive oil divided
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 ½ teaspoons black pepper
Lemon wedges for serving
1. Make the compound butter. In a small bowl, use a fork to combine the softened butter, shallot, garlic, & parsley.
2. Transfer the butter mixture to a sheet of wax paper or plastic wrap. Form the mixture into a 1 ½-inch thick log. Roll tightly & freeze for 10 minutes to solidify, then refrigerate until ready to use.
3. Preheat the oven to 375°F, positioning a rack in the centre. Line a baking sheet with aluminium foil & spray with non-stick spray; set aside.
4. Prepare the lobster tails. Place the lobster tails on the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle each with lemon juice. Slice 1 pat of compound butter for each lobster tail, cut each pat of butter in half & arrange the two pieces on top of the meat; set aside.
5. Prepare the steaks. Drizzle the steaks with 1 tablespoon olive oil, then season both sides with salt and pepper.
6. Heat the remaining oil in a cast iron pan over medium-high heat. Add the steaks & sear for 1-2 minutes per side, then place the pan in the oven & cook for 4-8 minutes, until the steaks reach the desired doneness (for medium-rare: a thermometer should read 125-130°F; medium: 135°F; medium-well: 145°F).
7. At the same time, place the lobster tails in the oven. Cook for 6-8 minutes until meat is firm & opaque.
8. Remove the steaks from the oven & allow them to rest for 5 minutes while the lobster finishes cooking.
9. To serve, arrange the filets & lobster on individual serving plates, top each filet with a pat of compound butter, and garnish with lemon wedges.
Serve with salad or vegetables and jacket potatoes.