How to prepare Bone-In Standing Ribeye Roast?
Preparation Time: 15mins
Cooking Time: 95 mins
- 30 sprigs of fresh thyme
- rosemary leaves from 2 sprigs
- 6 garlic cloves + 2 finely minced
- ½ peeled shallot + ½ finely minced
- 1/3 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 8- pound bone-in standing rib roast trussed
- 2 pounds of assorted colored baby potatoes
- ½ cup of red wine cabernet sauvignon
- 2 cups of beef stock
- 2 ounces of unsalted butter
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 475°.
- Add the thyme, rosemary, 6 garlic cloves, ½ peeled shallot and olive oil to a food processor and pulse on high speed until it becomes like a paste.
- Add ¾ off the garlic and herb paste to the rib roast and apply it to all sides of the roast. Season the roast well on all sides with salt and pepper and place in a roasting pan.
- Bake at 475° for 25 minutes and then turn the heat down to 325° and cook for 60 minutes for a rare to medium-rare internal temperature, or once it reaches a 115° internally using a thermometer.
- With about 25 minutes left in the cooking process add the potatoes, the remaining garlic and herb paste, and salt and pepper to a large bowl and toss until coated.
- Add the potatoes to the pan with the rib roast and cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove the rib roast and potatoes form the pan and let the roast rest on a cutting board, and return the pan to a burner over medium-high heat.
- Add 2 finely minced cloves of garlic and ½ peeled and finely minced shallot to the pan and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes before deglazing with the red wine.
- Reduce the wine until it is almost gone and then add in the beef stock and cook for 3 to 4 minutes over high heat. Adjust seasonings with salt and pepper and finish with butter.
Posted by Aussie Meat and for this fabulous recipe, we thank Chef Billy Parisi from billyparisi.com for the recipe, link is https://www.billyparisi.com/bone-in-standing-ribeye-roast-recipe-with-red-wine-pan-sauce/