How to prepare Creamy Scampi Linguine?
Preparation Time: 35mins
Cooking Time: 40mins
- 200g plain flour
- 2 eggs
- Pinch salt
- 20ml oil
- Semolina, for dusting pasta
- 12 scampi
- 400ml water
- 80ml Juice of 2 mandarins
- 100ml cream
- 60g butter
- Watercress leaves
- For the pasta, place flour, eggs, salt and oil in a food processor and blitz until it forms a soft dough. Knead for 5 minutes, cover in plastic and set aside to rest for 30 minutes.
- For the scampi sauce, remove heads and legs of the scampi, and reserve the body. Clean inside heads and chop shell into small pieces. Heat oil in a frypan over high heat and cook shells until caramelised, about 5 minutes. Add water to make a stock, and simmer uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Strain stock, return to pan and add mandarin juice and cream. Simmer until reduced slightly, about 10 minutes and whisk in butter. Remove from heat and adjust seasoning. Set aside, keeping warm.
- Slice the scampi body in half-length ways and season. Add 1 tbsp. oil to a pan and set over high heat. Add scampi and fry until just cooked through about 2 minutes. Remove from heat, remove the meat from the shell and cut into bite size pieces. Set aside for assembly.
- Using a pasta machine, roll the dough out to its thinnest setting. Roll once again through the linguine settings and dust liberally with semolina to prevent the linguine from sticking together.
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water until al dente. Drain and add pasta to the sauce, mixing through to cover the linguine. Toss through scampi and assemble on a plate. Garnish with watercress leaves.
Posted by Aussie Meat and for this fabulous recipe, we thank Channel 10 for the recipe link is https://10play.com.au/masterchef/recipes/creamy-scampi-linguine/r190614wvjzh