How to prepare Eggs Benedict?
Preparation Time: 5 mins
Cooking Time: 15mins
- 3 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 4 large free range eggs
- 2 toasting muffins
- 1 batch hot hollandaise sauce
- 4 slices Parma ham (or Serrano or Bayonne)
- Bring a deep saucepan of water to the boil (at least 2 litres) and add 3 tbsp white wine vinegar. Break the eggs into 4 separate coffee cups or ramekins. Split the muffins, toast them and warm some plates.
- Swirl the vinegared water briskly to form a vortex and slide in an egg. It will curl round and set to a neat round shape. Cook for 2-3 mins, then remove with a slotted spoon.
- Repeat with the other eggs, one at a time, re-swirling the water as you slide in the eggs. Spread some sauce on each muffin, scrunch a slice of ham on top, and then top with an egg. Spoon over the remaining hollandaise and serve at once.
Posted by Aussie Meat and for this fabulous recipe, we thank Gordon Ramsay for the recipe, link is https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/gordons-eggs-benedict