How to prepare Grilled Lobster Tails with Stelline and Lemon?
Buy Product(s): Ocean Catch US Lobster Tails
Preparation Time: 30 mins
Cooking Time: 20 mins
- 4 (7-ounce) Maine lobster tails
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided, plus more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided, plus more to taste
- 1/2 cup alder wood chips, soaked
- 2 medium lemons, zested and halved crosswise (zest reserved for pasta)
- 6 quarts water
- 1 (16-ounce) package stelline pasta (you can also use orzo, acini di pepe, or fregola)
- 1/3 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese, divided (about 1 1/4 ounces)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley, plus more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons chopped tarragon, plus more for garnish
- 2 1/2 tablespoons chopped chives, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped oregano, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- To prepare lobster tails, use poultry shears to cut the tender underbelly shell up to the tail. Using a knife, score the meat about 3/4 inch deep along the same line as the shell cut, being careful not to slice all the way through the lobster.
- Use a knife or your fingers to gently spread open the lobster tail and expose more meat (the remaining soft membrane will hold the sections intact). Drizzle the meat with 2 tablespoons olive oil, and season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Set the tails aside to marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes while you heat the grill.
- Light charcoal chimney starter filled 3/4 full with briquettes. When briquettes are covered with grey ash, pour them onto the bottom grate of the grill. Scatter wood chips over the hot coals, and let chips start to smoke. Adjust vents as needed to maintain an internal temperature of 350°F to 400°F. (If using a gas grill, place soaked wood chips in an aluminium foil packet; poke several holes in a packet. Place directly on burners; preheat to medium [350°F to 400°F].) Place lobster, shell side down, on unoiled grates. Grill, covered, about 5 minutes. Turn lobster, and cook until internal temperature registers 135°F, 4 to 6 minutes. Remove lobster from grill; keep warm. Add lemons, cut side down, to grill, and grill, covered, 5 minutes or until grill marks appear.
- Combine 6 quarts water and 1 tablespoon salt in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil over high. Stir in pasta, and cook according to package directions for al dente. Drain pasta well; return pasta to pot and drizzle with remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Stir in 1/4 cup cheese, butter, herbs, 2 teaspoons reserved lemon zest, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and red pepper flakes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To serve, divide pasta among 4 serving bowls; top with lobster tails, and garnish evenly with herbs and remaining 4 teaspoons cheese. Serve with smoked lemon halves.
Posted by Aussie Meat and for this fabulous recipe, we thank Food & Wine for the recipe link is https://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/grilled-lobster-tails-stelline-and-lemon