Preparation time : 10 mins
Cooking time : 6 mins
Serving : 6
- 1/4 cup rice wine
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 pounds sea scallops, drained
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper (optional)
- Hot cooked rice
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- Garnish: green onion strips
- Stir together rice wine and grated fresh ginger.
- Place scallops in a shallow dish or heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag. Add wine mixture; cover or seal, and chill for 30 minutes, turning once.
- Soak 6 (12-inch) wooden skewers in warm water for 30 minutes. Drain.
- Bring 1/4 cup brown sugar, ketchup, chicken broth, rice vinegar, soy sauce, cornstarch, sesame oil, minced garlic, and, if desired, red pepper to a boil in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil 1 minute; remove from heat, and set aside.
- Remove scallops from marinade, discarding marinade. Thread scallops 1/2 inch apart onto skewers.
- Grill, covered with grill lid, over medium heat (300° to 350°) 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- Brush scallops with brown sugar sauce, and serve immediately with remaining sauce. Serve scallops over hot cooked rice with chopped fresh parsley. Garnish, if desired.
Aussie Meat is thrilled to announce the Referrals & Rewards Program for all our Aussie Meat Lovers. You and your friends and family can enjoy the benefits by simply Refer a friend and receive HKD50 OFF on your next purchase, and your friend will receive HKD100 OFF on their first purchase. The great news is that you can KEEP referring and earning the rewards.