NZ Premium Grass Fed Super Lean Beef Mince
US Certified Natural Angus Beef Mince | Buy 9 Get 1 Free
Preparation Time: 20 mins Cooking Time: 50 mins Serving: 6
- 1 kg beef mince
- 2 sweet red peppers (look for rectangular shaped field peppers as opposed to small round bell peppers)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- About 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweet Hungarian paprika
- 2 teaspoons hot paprika, or ground red pepper or chili powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh marjoram leaves, chopped, or 1 teaspoon dried
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 cups chicken or beef stock
- 1 cup tomato sauce, tomato puree or passata
- 1 pound extra-wide egg noodles
- 3 tablespoons butter, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Creme fraiche, for garnish
- Char the peppers evenly under a hot grill, or over an open flame on the stovetop. Place in a bowl & cover; cool to handle. Peel the peppers & chop.
- Heat the the pan or a large Dutch oven dish over medium-high heat. Pat the meat dry & add to the pan. Brown & crumble the meat, then season with the Worcestershire, sweet paprika, hot paprika, rosemary, marjoram & some salt & pepper. Add the garlic & onions, & cook until the onions are tender, another 7 to 8 minutes. Next, add the tomato paste & stir 1 minute. Add the roasted peppers, stock & tomato sauce. Simmer to thicken. Cool & store for a make-ahead meal. Reheat over medium heat stirring frequently.
- To serve, heat water to a boil. Salt the water, & cook the egg noodles to al dente. Reserve 1/3 cup of the starchy water & drain. Then return the pasta to the hot pot. Add the butter, parsley & some salt. Toss to combine & melt the butter. Add some starchy water if the noodles begin to stick together.
- Serve the goulash in shallow bowls, nested in the parsley egg noodles, and top with a dollop of creme fraiche.
Aussie Meat is thrilled to announce the Referrals & Rewards Program for all our Aussie Meat Lovers. You and your friends and family can enjoy the benefits by simply Refer a friend and receive HKD50 OFF on your next purchase, and your friend will receive HKD100 OFF on their first purchase. The great news is that you can KEEP referring and earning the rewards.