Buy Product(s): CHRISTMAS MAPLE SMOKED GAMMON BONELESS LEG HAM (~2KG) | NEW | CHILLED | 15% OFF
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 1 hour 15 mins
- Boneless Smoked Ham
- 0.13 cup pineapple juice
- 0.4 cup honey
- 0.1 cup brown sugar
- 0.1 cup unsalted butter
- 0.1 cup whole cloves
- Preheat the oven to 300°F (150°C) and arrange a rack in the lower third. Remove any plastic packaging or netting from the ham. Trim away the rind and discard. Set the ham aside to rest at room temperature for 1-2 hours.
- Line a baking tray or dish with several sheets of aluminium foil or parchment paper if you prefer (it will make cleanup a lot easier).
- Remove the rind or skin of the ham (refer to steps in post), ensuring you leave the fat on. Using a sharp knife score a 1-inch-wide diamond pattern (don’t cut more than 1/4 inch deep) over the entire ham. Insert cloves into the centre of each diamond.
- Place the ham in the baking tray; pour the pineapple juice into the base of the pan and cover the ham with two pieces of foil or parchment paper and bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the butter in a small pot or saucepan over medium heat until golden browned. Add in the honey and brown sugar, stirring to combine until the brown sugar has completely dissolved, (about 2 minutes).
- Reduce heat to low and let simmer to thicken slightly, then set aside and let cool to lukewarm (the glaze should be the consistency of room-temperature honey).
- After 15 minutes baking time, carefully remove the ham from the oven and increase the oven temperature to 425°F | 220°C. Discard the foil or parchment paper and pour 1/3 of the glaze all over the ham, brushing in between the cuts to evenly cover. Return to the oven and bake uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, brush with another third of the glaze and some of the pan juices, and repeat again after 15 minutes more minutes of baking until a dark golden-brown crust has formed, (about 30 minutes total). For added depth of flavour, mix some of the ham pan juices together with the glaze in the pot which will help keep it runny enough for brushing.
- If your crust is still pink after the suggested baking time, turn on your broiler (or oven grill), and allow it to broil for 2-5 minutes, while keeping an eye on it so it doesn't burn from the sugar.
- Let the ham rest 10-15 minutes before slicing.
Posted by Aussie Meat and for this fabulous recipe, we thank Cafe Delites for the recipe link https://cafedelites.com/honey-baked-ham/
Aussie Meat is thrilled to announce the Referrals & Rewards Program for all our Aussie Meat Lovers. You and your friends and family can enjoy the benefits by simply Refer a friend and receive HKD50 OFF on your next purchase, and your friend will receive HKD100 OFF on their first purchase. The great news is that you can KEEP referring and earning the rewards.