Buy Product(s): Hormone Free Whole Chicken
Preparation Time: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 1 hrs 10 mins
- 1 x 1.7 corn fed chicken
- 2 sprigs rosemary, plus extra for potatoes
- 5 saga leaves
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 1 Chicken stock cube, dissolved in 2tp water
- 2 ripe tomatoes roughly chopped
- Aluminium foil
- 200g unsalted butter
- Leaves of 2 sprigs thyme
- Half onion
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 kg of potatoes
- 125ml white wine
- 4 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC conventional oven/ 180ºC fan-forced (400ºF/Gas 6)
- Season the chicken with salt and freshly ground black paper inside the chicken cavity. Process until combined. Alternatively, finely chop by hand Place the rosemary thyme and saga into a food processor. Add herbs to a bowl with the butter and mix until combined. Season with salt and pepper
- Loosen the skin over both chicken breasts by gently pushing your fingers underneath it. Push ¾ of the flavoured butter under the loosened skin so that it covers the whole breast. Rub the remaining flavoured butter over the skin of the breast and legs of the chicken.
- Place the onion, bay leaves and lemon inside the chicken’s cavity. Place the chicken in a roasting tray on top of the garlic cloves, breast side up and drizzle with half of the olive oil. Season the outside of the chicken with salt and pepper. Then sprinkle with ariosto and pour over the chicken stock mixture. Roast for 15 minutes then removes from the oven.
- Pour the white wine over the chicken and baste with pan juices. Then arrange the potatoes around the chicken. Reduce the heat to 1800C conventional oven/ 1600C fan-forced (3500 F/ Gas 4) and continue to cook, basting occasionally in pan juices, for a further 1 hour 20 minutes or until golden all over and cooked through ( the juices should run clear when a skewer is inserted into the thigh)
- Remove the onion, lemon and bay leave the chicken’s cavity. Place the chicken on a serving dish, cover loosely with aluminium foil and set aside to rest for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve chicken with potatoes
Posted by Aussie Meat and for this fabulous recipe, we thank Italian Spoon for the recipe link https://www.italianspoon.com.au/italian-roast-chicken/
Aussie Meat is thrilled to announce the Referrals & Rewards Program for all our Aussie Meat Lovers. You and your friends and family can enjoy the benefits by simply Refer a friend and receive HKD50 OFF on your next purchase, and your friend will receive HKD100 OFF on their first purchase. The great news is that you can KEEP referring and earning the rewards.
Aussie Meat is The Australian Meat Brand. We deliver Premium Quality Meat, Ocean-catch Seafood, Wine and BBQ Grills across Hong Kong, 5 days per week. Owned and operated by Australians, we deliver finest quality meat which is grass fed, organic, naturally farmed, hormone and antibiotic free meat and ocean-catch seafood from Australian, New Zealand and global farmers jet fresh to your home or office. We understand the value in giving back, our Eat For Charity Program #eat4charityhk donates 5% of our profits towards HK charities.