Buy Product(s): Hormone Free Whole Chicken
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 1 hr 5 mins
- 1 chicken, roughly 1.6kg
For the rosemary, anchovy, garlic and lemon butter
- 1 small tin anchovies (or 12-14 fillets)
- Zest and juice of 1 small lemon
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 200g butter
- 2 tbsp chopped rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/Gas 4.
- Season the chicken lightly all over, inside and out.
- Put all the batter ingredients into a blender and blitz until smooth. Taste for seasoning.
- Stuff some of the butter inside the cavity, under the skin and all over the breast. Smear the rest all over the chicken with your hands.
- Place the bird breast-side down in a roasting tin and cook for 45 minutes. Remove from the oven, baste the bird all over with the juices, and turn it breast-side up.
- Turn up the oven to 200C/180C fan/Gas 6 and roast for another 20 minutes. Insert a skewer into the fattest part of the thigh and press; if the juices run clear, the bird is done. If not, then put back in the oven for a little longer.
- Once cooked, leave the bird to rest for a few minutes before carving and serving with all of its delicious juices.
Posted by Aussie Meat and for this fabulous recipe, we thank The Telegraph for the recipe link https://www.telegraph.co.uk/recipes/0/italian-roast-chicken-rosemary-anchovy-garlic-lemon-butter-recipe/amp/
Aussie Meat is thrilled to announce the Referrals & Rewards Program for all our Aussie Meat Lovers. You and your friends and family can enjoy the benefits by simply Refer a friend and receive HKD50 OFF on your next purchase, and your friend will receive HKD100 OFF on their first purchase. The great news is that you can KEEP referring and earning the rewards.
Aussie Meat is The Australian Meat Brand. We deliver Premium Quality Meat, Ocean-catch Seafood, Wine and BBQ Grills across Hong Kong, 5 days per week. Owned and operated by Australians, we deliver finest quality meat which is grass fed, organic, naturally farmed, hormone and antibiotic free meat and ocean-catch seafood from Australian, New Zealand and global farmers jet fresh to your home or office. We understand the value in giving back, our Eat For Charity Program #eat4charityhk donates 5% of our profits towards HK charities.