- 4 John Dory fillets
- 350 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 (150gm each) small Desiree potatoes
- 8 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 white onions, thinly sliced
- 12 spring onions, white and light green part cut into 1cm pieces
- 300 ml white wine
- ¼ cup each loosely packed flat-leaf parsley and dill leaves, coarsely chopped, plus extra, to serve
- 100 ml lemon juice
- 500 ml fish stock
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Heat oil in a large deep-side frying pan or flameproof dish over medium heat. Add potatoes & cook, stirring gently, keeping the shape of the potatoes until translucent (10 minutes).
- Scatter over garlic, onions & spring onions to cook, stirring gently until onions are translucent with no colour (5 minutes). Add wine & reduce by half (10 minutes). Stir in herbs with lemon juice & 500ml stock, bring to a simmer & season to taste. Cook potatoes until they begin to soften &edges start to brown (5 minutes).
- Carefully remove half the potatoes with a slotted spoon. Place fish over remaining potato mixture, return potatoes & spread evenly & cook until fish is just cooked through (6-7 minutes); season to taste. Stand for 5 minutes before serving. Liquid should be thick like honey – if not, mash some potatoes & gently stir.
- To serve, divide potato & fish between plates & spoon over some sauce. Scatter with extra chopped herbs & serve with lemon wedges.
Aussie Meat is thrilled to announce the Referrals & Rewards Program for all our Aussie Meat Lovers. You and your friends and family can enjoy the benefits by simply Refer a friend and receive HKD50 OFF on your next purchase, and your friend will receive HKD100 OFF on their first purchase. The great news is that you can KEEP referring and earning the rewards.