HOW TO PREPARE JOHN DORY WITH CAPERS, OLIVES AND TOMATO SALAD?
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 20 mins
- 4 X 150gms fillets John Dory (skin on)
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Olive oil
- 10gms butter
- Juice of half a lemon
- For the salad:
- 250gms small plum vine tomatoes
- black olives
- 2 small red onions
- 75ml good-quality olive oil
- 50gms fine capers
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 50gms basil shoots
- For the salad, cut each tomato into halves or quarters. Cut the olives & remove the stones. Peel & finely slice the onions. Place the tomatoes, olives & onions in a large bowl & mix with the oil, capers & salt. Add half the basil shoots & mix well. Leave to marinate for at least an hour before serving.
- Lightly season the fish with salt & pepper. Heat a non-stick frying pan over a high heat, then splash in some olive oil. Once the oil is hot, place the fillets flesh-side down in the pan. Take care to lay the fish away from you so that the hot oil doesn’t splash your hand.
- Add the butter and lemon juice to the pan and allow the fish to sit in the pan for 1 minute. Add the butter and lemon juice to the pan and allow the fish to sit in the pan for 1 minute.
- Divide the salad equally between 4 bowls & spoon over the juice that has collected in the tray.
- Lift the fish out of the pan & drain, then place skin-side down on top of the salad. Scatter the remaining basil shoots around.