OCEAN CATCH NEW ZEALAND JOHN DORY FILLET BONELESS AND SKINLESS (FROM 126G)
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 20 mins
- 4 X 150gms fillets John Dory (skin on)
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Olive oil
- 10gms butter
- Juice of half a lemon
- For the salad:
- 250gms small plum vine tomatoes
- black olives
- 2 small red onions
- 75ml good-quality olive oil
- 50gms fine capers
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 50gms basil shoots
- For the salad, cut each tomato into halves or quarters. Cut the olives & remove the stones. Peel & finely slice the onions. Place the tomatoes, olives & onions in a large bowl & mix with the oil, capers & salt. Add half the basil shoots & mix well. Leave to marinate for at least an hour before serving.
- Lightly season the fish with salt & pepper. Heat a non-stick frying pan over a high heat, then splash in some olive oil. Once the oil is hot, place the fillets flesh-side down in the pan. Take care to lay the fish away from you so that the hot oil doesn’t splash your hand.
- Add the butter and lemon juice to the pan and allow the fish to sit in the pan for 1 minute. Add the butter and lemon juice to the pan and allow the fish to sit in the pan for 1 minute.
- Divide the salad equally between 4 bowls & spoon over the juice that has collected in the tray.
- Lift the fish out of the pan & drain, then place skin-side down on top of the salad. Scatter the remaining basil shoots around.
Aussie Meat is thrilled to announce the Referrals & Rewards Program for all our Aussie Meat Lovers. You and your friends and family can enjoy the benefits by simply Refer a friend and receive HKD50 OFF on your next purchase, and your friend will receive HKD100 OFF on their first purchase. The great news is that you can KEEP referring and earning the rewards.
Aussie Meat is The Australian Meat Brand. We deliver Michelin Star-quality Meat, Ocean-catch Seafood, Wine and BBQ Grills across Hong Kong, 5 days per week. Owned and operated by Australians, we deliver finest quality meat which is grass fed, organic, naturally farmed, hormone and antibiotic free meat and ocean-catch seafood from Australian, New Zealand and global farmers jet fresh to your home or office. We understand the value in giving back, our Eat For Charity Program #eat4charityhk donates 5% of our profits towards HK charities.