How to prepare Lamb And Potato Hotpot With Red Cabbage Salad?
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 1 hr 20 mins
- ¼ cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1kg boneless lamb neck (or shoulder), cut into 3cm pieces
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 rosemary sprigs, leaves chopped
- 1L chicken stock
- ¼ cup (60ml) sherry (or red wine) vinegar
- 2 tbs plain flour
- 2 desiree potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced on a mandoline
- 25g unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ red cabbage, thinly sliced
- ½ bunch mint leaves picked
- Micro herbs to serve (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Heat 1 tbs oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add half the lamb, season and cook for 4-5 minutes until browned, then remove from the pan. Repeat with 1 tbs oil and remaining lamb. Remove from the pan.
- Add the carrot and onion and cook for 3-4 minutes, then add the garlic and rosemary and cook for a further minute until fragrant. Add the stock and 1 tbs vinegar, then return the lamb to the pan. Bring to a simmer, then reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 30 minutes.
- Add flour and stir to combine. Cook for a further 2-3 minutes until thickened, then remove from the heat.
- Divide the lamb mixture between four ovenproof dishes. Top with potato, then brush with butter. Season. Cook in the oven for 30-40 minutes until the potato is golden.
- To make the salad, combine the red cabbage, mint, remaining 1 tbs oil and 2 tbs vinegar.
- Top lamb hotpots with micro herbs and serve with salad.