How to prepare Lamb Leg with Garlic & Rosemary?
Preparation Time: 5 mins
Cooking Time: 100-120 mins
- boneless or bone lamb leg, remove fat to about quarter inch thick, tie lamb
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons rosemary chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup red wine or beef stock
- Pat lamb dry & score fat by making shallow cuts all over with tip of a sharp knife.
- Crush garlic to a paste add salt use a mortar & pestle (or mince & mash with a heavy rolling pin) & stir together with rosemary & pepper.
- Put lamb in a lightly oiled roasting pan, rub paste all over lamb. Rest at room temperature 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Roast lamb in oven until 130°F, 90 to 120 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board & let rest 15 to 25 minutes.
- Add wine or beef stock to pan and deglaze by boiling over moderately high heat, stirring & scraping up brown bits, 1 minute.
- Season pan juices with salt and pepper and ready to serve with lamb.