How to prepare Lamb Rack With Pea & Mint Purée and Asian Salsa Verde?
Preparation Time: 45 mins
Cooking Time: 45 mins
- 8-cutlet lamb rack, fat lightly scored
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- Micro shiso leaves, to garnish
ASIAN SALSA VERDE
- 1 bunch coriander leaves, chopped
- ¼ bunch mint, chopped
- ¼ bunch Vietnamese mint, chopped
- 1 cm piece fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1-2 birds eye chillies, chopped
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- 60 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 25 g panko breadcrumbs
- 50 g grated parmesan
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. honey
PEA & VIETNAMESE MINT PUREE
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 1 cup Vietnamese mint leaves
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 green spring onion, finely chopped
- 300 g frozen green peas
- 60 g salted butter
- To make Asian salsa verde, process all ingredients until combined. Season.
- Season lamb all over and rub with oil.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat. Add lamb, fat-side down and cook until dark golden brown. Turn and cook until browned all over. Transfer to a plate to cool completely.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- To make crumb coating, process mint leaves until finely chopped. Add breadcrumbs and pulse until combined. Add parmesan and oil. Season. Pulse until combined. Transfer to a shallow bowl.
- Combine mustard and honey in a small bowl. Brush mixture all over cooled lamb. Press into crumb mixture to evenly coat. Place on an oven tray, fat-side up. Drizzle with a little extra oil.
- Roast for about 20 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 55C on a meat thermometer. Transfer to a warm plate to rest for 10 minutes.
- To make pea and mint puree, place the mint leaves, garlic and green onion in a saucepan of boiling salted water. Add peas cook for 3 minutes. Drain and reserve cooking liquid.
- Blend or process pea mixture with butter to form a puree, adding a little of the reserved cooking liquid for a thinner puree. Season.
- Serve lamb and puree with salsa verde. Garnish with micro shiso leaves.
Posted by Aussie Meat and for this fabulous recipe, we thank My Kitchen Rules for the recipe link is https://mkr.7plus.com.au/andy-rubys-lamb-rack-with-pea-mint-puree-and-asian-salsa-verde