How to prepare Lamb with Christmas Spices?
Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 1 hrs
- 2 large onions
- finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 5cm fresh root ginger shredded
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1½ kg lean lamb
- Neck fillets, cut into chunks
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 8 cloves
- 6 cardamom pods
- Good pinch saffron
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 3 tbsp ground almonds
- 850ml beef stock
- 250g pack ready-to-eat dried apricots
- Fry the onions, garlic and ginger in the oil for about 15 mins. Add the lamb and stir-fry until browned. Add the spices, cook over the heat to release their flavours, then add the almonds. Pour in the stock and season to taste.
- Cover the pan and simmer for 45 mins, stirring occasionally. Add the apricots, then simmer 15 mins more until the lamb is tender. Thin with a little water if the sauce starts to get too thick.
- To freeze, cool, then pack into a freezer container or bags. Will keep for up to 3 months. Thaw for 6 hrs in the fridge, then reheat in a pan until bubbling hot.
Posted by Aussie Meat and for this fabulous recipe, we thank Sara Buenfeld for the recipe link is https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/13384/lamb-with-christmas-spices