NZ PREMIUM GRASSFED BONE IN LAMB LEG ROAST
Preparation time: 5mins
Cooking time: 25 mins
- 2 lamb leg steaks
- Olive oil, for frying
- 2 garlic cloves, skin on, bashed
- 200g crunchy white bread roll, cut into chunks
- 3–4 tbsp milk
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 25g anchovies preserved in olive oil
- 1 tbsp capers
- 1½ tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar, or to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Small bunch of parsley, leaves roughly chopped
- Make small cuts into each edge of the lamb steaks to prevent them from curling up while cooking. Season well with salt and pepper (lamb needs a lot of pepper), pushing the seasoning into the meat. (This will be much easier if the meat has been taken out of the fridge earlier and allowed to come up to room temperature.)
- Heat a frying pan until hot and add a little oil. When it’s hot, add the lamb and the garlic. Colour the lamb for 2½–3 minutes on each side until golden brown, basting with oil as you cook and turning the garlic regularly to ensure that it doesn’t burn. Remove the meat from the pan and leave to rest, pouring over any pan juices and reserving the garlic.
- Meanwhile, season the chunks of bread with salt and pepper. Soak in the milk, tossing the bread to help it soak evenly. (The milk will give it a rich creamy texture, almost like French toast.) Set aside.
- Make the dressing by placing the reserved garlic in a mortar with anchovies and capers, grinding until smooth. Stir in the mustard, vinegar and enough oil to bring it to a thick dressing consistency. Add parsley to the mortar and mix well with a spoon. Taste and adjust the seasoning as necessary
- Heat a little olive oil in a clean frying pan over medium heat. Squeeze out any excess milk from the bread, then fry it with some extra seasoning for 4–5 minutes, turning it regularly until it’s golden on all sides. Remove and drain on kitchen paper.
Posted by Aussie Meat and we thank Gordon Ramsay for the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZ0V3zDX0R0&feature=youtu.be
Aussie Meat is thrilled to announce the Referrals & Rewards Program for all our Aussie Meat Lovers. You and your friends and family can enjoy the benefits by simply Refer a friend and receive HKD50 OFF on your next purchase, and your friend will receive HKD100 OFF on their first purchase. The great news is that you can KEEP referring and earning the rewards.
Aussie Meat is The Australian Meat Brand. We deliver Premium Quality Meat, Ocean-catch Seafood, Wine and BBQ Grills across Hong Kong, 5 days per week. Owned and operated by Australians, we deliver finest quality meat which is grass fed, organic, naturally farmed, hormone and antibiotic free meat and ocean-catch seafood from Australian, New Zealand and global farmers jet fresh to your home or office. We understand the value in giving back, our Eat For Charity Program #eat4charityhk donates 5% of our profits towards HK charities.