How to prepare Loaded Smothered Beef Burritos?
Buy Product(s): NZ Premium Grass-fed Ribeye Steaks
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 35 mins
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 lb. ground beef (I used 90% lean)
- 1 small sweet Vidalia or white onion, diced small
- One 1-ounce packet taco seasoning (I used medium heat, reduced-sodium)
- 7 large flour tortillas (10-inch, burrito size)
- One 16-ounce can refried beans
- One 8.5-ounce package precooked rice (I used Spanish Rice)
- 1 1/2 cups + 1 1/2 cups Mexican shredded cheese blend, divided
- One 15-ounce can red enchilada sauce (I used medium heat)
- Cilantro, optional for garnishing
- To a large skillet, add 2 tablespoons olive oil, beef, onion, and cook over medium-high heat for about 7 minutes, or until beef is cooked through and onions are soft and translucent; stir and crumble intermittently to ensure even cooking.
- Add the taco seasoning and stir to combine; set skillet aside off the heat.
- Preheat oven to 350F and drizzle the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil into a large oven-proof skillet; set aside.
- Lay the tortillas out on the countertop, evenly smear each with about 2 tablespoons of refried beans down the centre, evenly distribute the rice (about 2 to 3 tablespoons) to the centre of each tortilla, evenly top with the beef mixture down the centre, and evenly distribute 1 1/2 cups of cheese down the centre of each tortilla.
- Roll up each burrito and place in the prepared skillet, seam side down. Bake for about 25 minutes.
- Remove skillet from the oven, slowly and evenly drizzle the enchilada sauce over all the burritos, evenly sprinkle the remaining 1 1/2 cups cheese over the top of all the burritos, return skillet to the oven, and bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until cheese has melted and sauce is lightly bubbling. Optionally garnish with cilantro and serve immediately. Extra burritos will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 4 months.
Posted by Aussie Meat and for this fabulous recipe, we thank Averie Cooks for the recipe link is https://www.averiecooks.com/loaded-smothered-beef-burritos/