OCEAN CATCH US BLACK COD STEAK SKIN-ON
Preparation Time: 2 days 10mins
Cooking Time: 20 mins
- 4 fillets sablefish (gindara) (you can also use salmon, sea bass, etc.)
- 2 tsp. salt (kosher or sea salt; use half if using table salt)
- 2 Tbsp. sake
- 6 Tbsp. miso (saikyo miso or white miso)
- 3 Tbsp.mirin (if you use white miso, use 2 Tbspmirin instead of 1½)
- 3 Tbsp. sake
- Gather all the ingredients. Make sure to get fresh fish for this recipe.
2 to 3 Days Beforehand
- Sprinkle salt over the fish and set aside for 30 minutes. Salt will draw excess moisture and any fishy smell from the fish.
- Put 6 Tbsp. miso, 3 Tbsp.mirin, and 3 Tbsp. sake for the Miso Marinade in a bowl.
- Mix all together and pour the marinade into a flat bottom airtight container.
- Pour 2 Tbsp. sake over the fish to rinse off the salt. Gently pat dry with a paper towel to remove the moisture. Do not wash the fish underwater.
- Place the fish in the container and coat both sides with the marinade.
- Slather the fillets with the marinade. Cover the lid and keep in the fridge for 2-3 days. You can freeze up to 2-3 weeks.
To Cook the Fish
- Preheat oven to 400 ºF (200 ºC). With your fingers, remove the marinade off the fish completely.
- Place the fish skin side up on baking pan lined with parchment paper or silicone baking sheet.
- Bake the fish until the edges are browned and the flesh is cooked through about 20-25 minutes. Do not flip the fish while baking as the flesh is very flaky.
- Carefully remove the fish with a spatula, and remove any burnt miso around the fish. Serve immediately. I serve the fish with thinly sliced red radish and a small green leaf from my backyard for additional colour.
Posted by Aussie Meat and for this fabulous recipe, we thank Nami for the recipe link is https://www.justonecookbook.com/black-cod-with-miso/
Aussie Meat is thrilled to announce the Referrals & Rewards Program for all our Aussie Meat Lovers. You and your friends and family can enjoy the benefits by simply Refer a friend and receive HKD50 OFF on your next purchase, and your friend will receive HKD100 OFF on their first purchase. The great news is that you can KEEP referring and earning the rewards.
Aussie Meat is The Australian Meat Brand. We deliver Premium Quality Meat, Ocean-catch Seafood, Wine and BBQ Grills across Hong Kong, 5 days per week. Owned and operated by Australians, we deliver finest quality meat which is grass fed, organic, naturally farmed, hormone and antibiotic free meat and ocean-catch seafood from Australian, New Zealand and global farmers jet fresh to your home or office. We understand the value in giving back, our Eat For Charity Program #eat4charityhk donates 5% of our profits towards HK charities.