NZ FREE RANGE CHICKEN DRUMSTICKS (4 DRUMSTICKS, 400G)
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 30/35 mins
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 2 1/2 tsp. kosher salt, divided
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon or cumin
- 1 tsp. ground turmeric, curry powder, or ground coriander
- 1/2 cup white rice (any type except for sticky rice)
- 1 (15-oz.) can Mixed Beans (chickpeas, white beans, black beans), drained, rinsed
- 1/2 cup dried fruit, such as currants, raisins, cherries, or cranberries (optional)
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped tender herbs, such as cilantro, parsley, mint, basil, and/or dill
- Season drumsticks on all sides with 2 tsp. salt and 1 tsp plus black pepper.
- Heat oil in a large deep-sided pan over medium-high. Add chicken & cook, turning to ensure cooked through, until skin is golden brown, about 10/15 minutes total. Transfer to a plate.
- Add onion, cinnamon, & turmeric to fat in pan & cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add rice & stir to coat. Add 1 1/4 cups hot water, scraping up the bits in the pan, then stir in mixed beans, dried fruit (if using), red pepper (if using), and remaining 1/2 tsp. salt. Put chicken back into skillet & bring liquid to a boil. Immediately reduce heat to low, cover, & cook until rice is tender and chicken is cooked through, 20–25 minutes.
- Remove from heat & let sit 5 minutes. Fluff rice with a fork, then scatter herbs over.
Aussie Meat is thrilled to announce the Referrals & Rewards Program for all our Aussie Meat Lovers. You and your friends and family can enjoy the benefits by simply Refer a friend and receive HKD50 OFF on your next purchase, and your friend will receive HKD100 OFF on their first purchase. The great news is that you can KEEP referring and earning the rewards.
Aussie Meat is The Australian Meat Brand. We deliver Premium Quality Meat, Ocean-catch Seafood, Wine and BBQ Grills across Hong Kong, 5 days per week. Owned and operated by Australians, we deliver finest quality meat which is grass fed, organic, naturally farmed, hormone and antibiotic free meat and ocean-catch seafood from Australian, New Zealand and global farmers jet fresh to your home or office. We understand the value in giving back, our Eat For Charity Program #eat4charityhk donates 5% of our profits towards HK charities.