HOW TO PREPARE OP RIBEYE STEAK WITH SMASHED POTATOES!
AUSTRALIAN PREMIUM BLACK ANGUS OP-RIB STEAK (BONE-IN RIBEYE, MS 2+)
Preparation Time: 35 mins / Cook: 24 mins / Serving: 2
2 x AUSTRALIAN PREMIUM BLACK ANGUS OP-RIB STEAK (BONE-IN RIBEYE, MS 2+)
For the smashed potatoes
600-800g small potatoes washed
3 tbsp olive oil
2 garlic cloves crushed
3 sprigs fresh rosemary leaves finely chopped
2 handfuls of basil leaves
a small handful of flat-leaf parsley
1 garlic clove crushed
1 tbsp lemon juice
3/4 cup olive oil
1. Place a shallow roasting tray in the oven to heat.
2. Line a second shallow roasting tray with baking paper.
3. Heat a barbecue grill plate until hot.
4. Place on the hot grill & barbecue for 8 minutes.
5. Transfer to the hot tray & place in the oven for a further 17 minutes.
6. Remove from the oven & place beef on a warmed plate, cover loosely with foil & a clean tea towel.
7. Leave to rest in a warm place for 15 minutes or more.
8. Parboil the potatoes in lightly salted boiling water for 10 minutes. Drain.
Place potatoes on the baking paper lined tray & crush lightly with a potato masher (you want to break the skin).
9. Drizzle with the oil & season.
10. Place in the oven & roast for 15 minutes, then remove & sprinkle over the garlic & rosemary.
11. Return to the oven & roast for a further 10 minutes until crisp & golden.
12. Place the herbs & garlic in a food processor & season. Process until the herbs are well chopped. Add the lemon juice, drizzle in the olive oil & process until well combined.
13. Place the sauce in a small bowl, cover well with plastic wrap & place in the fridge.
14. Bring the steak & the sauce together with the potatoes
15. Serve with your favourite side dishes and relish.